Alejandra is an expert in social responsibility, community development, and new business development.
I have developed my work experience in the private sector where my main focus has been to create and analyze inter-sectorial partnership programs combining non government organizations (NGO), government agencies, and private sector companies focused on solving social causes in Mexico and abroad. Some of the projects I have worked on include:
- Microcredit programs through a public private alliance
- Platforms to facilitate the reconstruction of areas affected by natural disasters
- Programs targeting women to improve their quality of life and promote economic activity
- Programs focused on providing employment opportunities and training to the disabled
- Platforms to improve the performance of small and medium enterprises in Latin America
- Alliances to promote higher education in Latin America
I served as the General Business Director of Capital Natural from 2013 to 2015. Under my leadership my team designed and implemented programs and platforms that have reached more than 52,000 people annually. I graduated with honors from ITESM as an Organizational Psychologist, and have postgraduate studies in Corporate Social Responsibility and a Master in Business Administration (MBA) from the A.B. Freeman School of Business at Tulane University. I was published in The Aspen Institute (www.caseplace.org) and RGSA - Journal of Social and Environmental Gestão in which best social responsibility practices are published. I am a member of strategic organizations such as The Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Louisiana (HCCL) and The Urban Land Institute (ULI). Im also in the Advisory Board for Fund17, an organization helping micro-entrepreneurs in New Orleans. Currently based in New Orleans, Louisiana, and serveas Director of Special Projects at the New Orleans Business Alliance.